Zoo Music

Friday, July 8, 2011


I’ve recently discovered my love for rock n’ roll. When I was embedded in the Boulevard, I heard all kinds of music, but only for a few seconds at a time. I remember hearing about rock many years ago, but I thought it was just a phase, and was holding out for brick n’ roll – which would no doubt take the world by storm. That never happened. I’ve always resented that there are so many stone-themed bands: Rolling Stones, Stone Roses, Queens of the Stone Age, but there are no brick-themed bands. Sure, there are a smattering of songs, like, “Brick House,” “Thick as a Brick,” and a few others.
         So, I decided it’s time to invent brick n’ roll, and bring the brick into its proper place atop the hierarchy of the masonry units. I’ve got the soul and the passion, but I don’t have the training or the instrument. Luckily for me, the Boulevard has a place that specializes in both: Zoo Music.
         Zoo Music is like a musician’s play ground, with its walls of guitars, amplifiers, drums, and every other new or used instrument you could imagine. Their experienced staff also gives lessons in a variety of instruments, at a very reasonable cost.
         I thought about playing the drums, but they don’t really make a brick-sized drum set. Instead, I opted for the guitar. I figure the best way to spread my message of brick power, would be through power chords. Now I’ve just got to find some other bricks to play in my band with me. Maybe when a few of my friends decide to retire from the Boulevard, I’ll recruit them. And when I do, I’ll send them straight to Zoo Music for some lessons.
         In the mean time, I might need help coming up with some band names. Any ideas?  
Zoo has everything the upstart Musician or old pro needs to get their jam-on!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home