Smart Barre

Friday, August 26, 2011


We bricks are not known for our flexibility. Now that I’m retired, I’m trying new ways to keep myself healthy and happy. I was walking down the Boulevard to check out some new jewelry at Chiffoniers for one of my lady-friends, and I passed by Smart Barre. I didn’t know what to expect. Was this a bar that caters to intellectuals who smoke their pipes, stroke their beards, and discuss the works of French philosophers?
         When I dropped inside, a woman named Allison greeted me. She explained to me that Smart Barre is a total body workout that combines elements of ballet, yoga, and Pilates. They don’t really have any brick-specific exercises, but Allison let me participate in a class anyway.
         I’m not going to lie, my brick-shaped body just can’t do some of the movements. But everyone was very supportive, and I was sore in places I didn’t realize could get sore. In short: I loved it.
         For bricks on the go, Smart Barre is offering a 30-minute lunchtime class from 12:15-12:45 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. There are classes every day except Sunday, but they fill up fast. So call Allison today, and tell her Brick Thurber sent you! 
Allison allowed me to keep my boots on during class.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home