Fort Worth Music Festival

Thursday, October 6, 2011


This brick likes to party. I think I’ve made that pretty clear by now. I have never in my life partied as hard as I did at the two-day Fort Worth Music Festival. I mean, the weather was perfect, there was so much to do, so many bands to see, so much to eat, and so much art to enjoy.
         I am something of a culture vulture, so I headed straight to the art tents and was amazed by the talent of some of our local artists. I saw some pretty amazing watercolors, prints, photographs, jewelry, and more!
         I worked up an appetite taking in all of that stunning art, so I headed over to the food area. Choosing between Salsa Limon, Big Dawg’s in Cowtown, the Yum-Yum! Food Truck, and Button’s was near impossible. I chose to start with some Salsa Limon tacos, and work my through the rest later. Eventually, I managed to hit them all, and was pretty full by the time I enjoyed my after-dinner slurpee. I washed everything down with some delicious ice-cold beer from Rahr & Sons Brewing Co. from right here in Fort Worth.
         Speaking of Rahr, I got to witness the brewmeisters conduct a demonstration called “Brewing 101,” and learned all about how to make beer! Foodie that I am, I was the first in line to sit in on the Fort Worth Culinary School’s cooking classes. I seriously stepped up my gastro game. Now I have some delicious recipes for my next date night.
         The highlight of the festival was of course the music. I ran back and forth from both stages like a man possessed. Local lads, Whiskey Folk Ramblers, opened the festival on the Rahr stage, and singer Amanda Walden kicked things off on the Comerica Bank stage. I stayed all the way through on both days. Dawes’ performance on Saturday was breathtaking, and Kermit Ruffins lit the night up on Friday.
         All of the music acts were awesome, the food was delicious, the artwork inspiring, and the Rahr brew was tasty. I bought myself a cool commemorative shirt, made by Fort Worth Screen Printing Company, so I’ll have something to remind me of how much fun I had. I can’t wait until next year!
I got to do a sound check at the festival!


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home